When we gather for worship we are formed by God’s Word, fed at God’s table, and filled with God’s presence.
– Rev. Matt Marino
Join us for worship Sunday mornings at 8:00 am & 10:00 am
Like all Episcopal churches, our worship is based on the Book of Common Prayer.
Our services include scripture readings, prayers, confession, the creed, a sermon and the Eucharist (communion.)
- Bible Readings – We usually listen to 4 readings from the Bible (Old Testament, Psalms, Epistles, and Gospel)
- The Peace – In the middle of service, we greet each other with a handshake the the message of “Peace be with You.” It is a symbol of reconciliation with each other that we have in Jesus Christ.
- Communion – At St. John’s we invite all who seek a deeper knowledge of God and who are drawn to Jesus Christ to participate in Holy Communion.
- Or a Blessing: If you do not wish to receive communion, you may come forward to receive a blessing from the Priest by crossing your arms over your chest, instead of extending them for communion. The Priest will lay a hand on your head and pray a blessing
The music can range from traditional hymns to contemporary gospel and praise. Our style is traditional and inviting. People dress as they feel comfortable.
Children are always welcome and enjoyed in worship service.
- Child care is also provided in our nursery for infants to age 3.
- We hold Sunday school for children up ages Pre-K to 4th grade. Visitors are welcome to come join in Sunday School. The Class begins right before the 10:00 and the children come join their parents in the sanctuary in time for Communion.
- Middle School and High School Students are invited to grab a cup of Hot Cocoa and meet in the Gathering (front meeting room) for 30 minutes of Bible readings and conversation.