St. John’s Episcopal Church, Plymouth, Michigan, is seeking a part-time Parish Administrator. This individual will act as a key member of the team at St. John’s, working with the clergy, staff, volunteers, and the Vestry. The Parish Administrator acts as a “point person” to plan, coordinate, and conduct the daily administrative needs of the Parish.
- Produce Church bulletins, announcement pages, prayer lists, Annual Reports, ministry brochures and flyers and other documents.
- Assist visitors and parish members as necessary.
- Answer phones. Forward inquiries or information to staff or parish member.
- Enter and reconcile weekly cash receipts.
- Process invoices, secure necessary approvals and paperwork for check signers, and print checks.
- Maintain all official Church files per Chapter IX of the Episcopal Church’s “Manual of Business Methods in Church Affairs.”
- Maintain and schedule Church calendar.
- Responsible for office machines (copier, folding, computers and printers) including supplies and securing maintenance and updating as necessary.
- Maintain Church membership records, including Parish Directory and official Communicant’s Register. Provide membership data for annual Parochial Report.
- Maintain door lock and key assignment operations.
- Maintain Church bulletin boards
- Purchase supplies as necessary.
- Produce new member information packets, and Vestry Member binders.
- Coordinate office volunteers to answer phones, fold and stuff bulletins, etc.
- Minimum 1-year experience using Publisher or similar design program to produce newsletters, flyers etc.
- Experience with financial software. Experience with ACS software preferred.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Strong computer skills, including experience with online communicating and research.
- Ability to train, schedule and support office volunteers for receptionist and clerical duties.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service skills.
- Strong demonstrated writing skills, including correct grammar and spelling, and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and boundaries.
- Ability to multi-task.
Supervisor: This position reports to the Rector (Priest); in the Rector’s absence, the Senior Warden (Board President).
Hours: Tuesday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Position hours are not to exceed 1,499 hours annually.
Salary: $10 to $16 per hour, dependent upon experience.
Benefits: Benefits include a 5% contribution to a pension based on total wages. No paid vacation.
A background check is required.
Please submit cover letter and resume via e-mail, or mail to: email@example.com
St. Johns Episcopal Church, 574 S. Sheldon Rd, Plymouth MI 48170