Dear Sisters & Brother,
There are many, many opportunities to worship with Episcopalians around the country at many individual parish websites. What a wonderful opportunity for all of us to experience worship with others who worship in buildings different from our own and in ways different from our own. That “Anglican Tent’ is very large and accommodates many diverse styles and forms.
At St. John’s we are currently, worshiping online each Sunday Morning @ 10:00am and Evenings @ 8:00. For access please email us to get on the distribution list.
Activities going on Virtually:
- Tuesday Morning Women’s Bible Study at 9:30am
- Wednesday Morning Women’s Bible Study at 9:30am
- Thursday Morning Men’s Devotional Group at 9:30am
- Saturday Morning Men’s Study Group at 9:00am
- Sunday Morning Worship @10:00 am on Zoom
- Compline Sunday Evening at 8:00pm
Sunday Compline is one of the most beloved services included in our Book of Common Prayer. As a way to begin worshipping together online, Fr. John Conners is inviting you to a Sunday Evening Compline Service on Zoom at 8:00 pm. I hope you will join us this Sunday. If you plan on attending, please Email email@example.com and I will email you the details to join the Join the Zoom Meeting
SOME RESOURCES WHEN WE ARE NOT ABLE TO COME TO CHURCH . . .Our own Bishop Bonnie A. Perry posts a new sermon each Sunday morning at 8 am at www.edomi.org/sermon . We will also share a link to the sermon weekly on our Facebook Page. Please “Like” our page to receive the link in your feed.
Washington National Cathedral www.cathedral.org/worship posts Morning Prayer Monday through Saturday at 7 am and Evening Prayer at 7 pm. Sunday Eucharists are live-streamed at 11:15 am
• Mass is celebrated Monday through Saturday at 10:00 AM, and at 9:00 AM on Sunday, in the Lady Chapel at The Episcopal Church of Saint Mary the Virgin, Times Square, New York City, and is being live-streamed. The video can be accessed on various social media.
• Trinity Wall Street always live streams their Sunday services on their website at the following link: https://www.trinitywallstreet.org/webcasts(as of Friday, March 13, it appears that Trinity will not be holding public worship for some days, but will continue to live stream its 11:15 AM Eucharist on Sundays.• If you do not have access to a Book of Common Prayer, the Prayer Book is available online at the following link: https://episcopalchurch.org/files/book_of_common_prayer.pdf.
• You can also find the readings for all Daily Offices and Eucharists on SaintMary’s website: https://www.stmvirgin.org/bible-lessons-for-all-services.
• The Society of Saint John the Evangelist’s (SSJE) online Lenten program, Signs of Life, may be accessed at https://www.signsoflife.org/
• SSJE has also recorded a service of Compline that can be accessed on their homepage: https://www.ssje.org/
• The Center for Action and Contemplation (CAC) offers daily online meditation. One can sign up to receive the meditation at https://cac.org/richard-rohr/daily-meditations/daily-meditations-archive/. Father Richard Rohr is a Roman Catholic Franciscan. CAC is a decidedly ecumenical program.
• Father Andrew Mead, former rector of Saint Thomas Fifth Avenue, is currently priest-in-charge at the Church of Saint Stephen in Providence, Rhode Island. He recently posted some thoughts about making a spiritual communion, if one is unable to receive the sacrament in person. His blogpost is available at http://sstephensprovidence.blogspot.com/ St. Paul’s-on-the-Green in Norwalk, CT…a parish I attended for three years, has a full line up of weekly worship opportunities. You can find there offerings at www.stpaulsnorwalk.org . Click on the live-streamed Worship button.
If you would like to have need for counseling, spiritual help, or just to chat with Pastor Regina, please leave a message on the church office voicemail and Sandy will pass the information along to Pastor Regina who will then get in touch with you. john +