Vestry Report September 2021
Your vestry was hard at work again this past month meeting twice in September. A special vestry meeting was held mid-month to elect members to our Rector Search Committee .The team was elected with consensus and will now move forward to training with Rev. Canon Ellen Ekevag. Thank you to all those who volunteered to help!
The regular meeting of the Vestry was held on the 29th.
The topics covered at the meeting were:
- Review of monthly financial reports
- Updates from the Stewardship Committee on launching the 2022 Pledge Drive
- Updates from the Tech Team about new equipment for improved online worship
- Discussion on several building projects and which to prioritize in the coming months.
We have been blessed with financial stability as well as offers of donations to fund needs in the building. The Vestry held a discussion of priorities, timelines and next steps for the follow projects:
- Final product selection for the Gathering floor
- The potential purchase of a new Carillon system
- Estimate for professional Landscapers for fall cleanup and adding a stone patio area by the office wing (using existing stacks of slate stones)
- Potential to replace and update the cabinet surface in the Gathering to accommodate media equipment
- Possibility of adding new furniture to the Gathering
- New outdoor sign
No final decisions have been made on these items. We will keep members updated on the progress.
As always your feedback on Vestry topics is welcome. Feel free to reach out to a Vestry member at coffee hour or by phone to share your ideas. Personal conversation is our prefer method for discussion rather than email. Sandy in the office can help connect you with a Vestry members if you need help.
Yours in Christ,
Jayne Watson, Sr. Warden